Here's what you need to do!
1. Click on the Book Here link to go to the online booking system. Find the venue and date you are looking for and make a booking. A separate booking must be made for each animal but there are multiple spots per time slot so you can bring them all together. Horses, birds, reptiles and livestock will not be eligible for this chipping program.
2. Attend with your pet or pets on the day and be ready to pay your fee of $10 per pet for the microchip. Only CASH payments are accepted unless at a PETStock store.
3. Registration forms will need to be completed on the day for each animal. Make sure you have all their details at hand, your email address and an alternative contact name and number.
4. All dogs must be on short leads which are held by their owners/carers. Dogs known to display fear aggression must be muzzled. PLEASE NOTE: Dogs not on leads will be refused entry to the implant location and will not be microchipped.
5. Cats must be in secure and closed carry cages. PLEASE NOTE: Cats not held within a closed carry cage will be refused entry to the implant location and will not be microchipped.
6. All animals will be scanned prior to microchipping and if found to be microchipped already will not be processed or allowed to proceed.
7. The day will be busy so please make sure you follow the directions of the volunteers..
8. Aggressive or disrespectful behaviour exhibited by humans to any other human or animal will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave.
9. Please do not bring your whole family with you. The rooms are small and cannot accommodate more than one person per pet when the microchipping occurs.
10. Remember this service is provided at the cost of the microchip only, everything else is provided by volunteers so please remember to treat them with respect.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR PETS CARE FOLLOWING MICROCHIPPING
Keep your pets exercise to a minimum at least 48hrs after microchipping
Keep your cat indoors for the rest of the day if possible
Do not give your pet a bath or take them swimming for at least 48hrs
Do not allow your pet to roll around in the dirt for at least 48hrs
Do not apply any flea treatments or topical treatments to the microchipped area for at least 48hrs
Keep the microchip registration form in a safe place. It will remain your record unless notified accordingly.
Remember - your DOG must be registered with your local council. Microchipping DOES NOT replace Council registration.